Honors and Hires: Re-Recording Mixer Mike Minkler Extends Todd-AO Relationship
Also this week, Prime Focus' launch of global content operations hub True North, Showeast deals and MTI Film staff news.
This column in THR’s Behind the Screen blog runs on Fridays.
Three-time Academy Award-winning re-recording mixer Mike Minkler has extended his relationship with Todd-AO through 2018. He has received 11 Academy Award nominations, winning Oscars for Black Hawk Down, Chicago, and Dreamgirls. Recent credits include The Fifth Estate.
While celebrating 16 years in the media and entertainment industry, Prime Focus announced the opening of True North, a global 24x7 content operations hub. According to the company, it will house more than 600 people and offer cloud-based media services to Prime Focus Technologies’ clientele. Pictured above at the launch in Mumbai are Amitabh Bachchan and Prime Focus founder Namit Malhotra.
MTI Film has added producers Antoinette Perez and Lawrence Epstein to its postproduction services division. Perez arrives from Pixomondo where she produced visual effects for such films as Oblivion and Red Tails. Epstein’s appointment is a promotion; he served for the past three years as night operations manager. Epstein will oversee postproduction work for TV productions including Major Crimes, Hell on Wheels, The Walking Dead and Bates Motel. Perez’s responsibilities will include Sirens, Dallas, Key and Peele, A Country Christmas Story and Through the Wormhole.
This week at Showeast, the following agreements were announced:
Digital cinema company Arts Alliance Media announced a virtual print fee deal with Colombian exhibitor Royal Films. The deal will see AAM, in conjunction with Latin American VPF partner Quanta-DGT, converting 136 of Royal Films’ screens to digital, and equipping each screen with TMS (Theatre Management System) software, known as Screenwriter.
Tesa Entertainment, an off shoot of Tesacom, revealed a partnership with HISPASAT. As part of the agreement, Tesa is creating a satellite delivery infrastructure serving cinemas throughout Latin America. The rollout of the technology is expected to begin with Argentina, Columbia, and Brazil and mirror the technical architecture presently employed by Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition to serve Hollywood studios in North America. Tesa Entertainment is represented by Covergent, an L.A.-based entertainment technology consulting firm.
3D display technology company MasterImage 3D and China Film Equipment Co. reached an agreement to market and distribute 3D cinema systems to over 30 provinces throughout China.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!