Honors and Hires: USC SCA to Dedicate Bryan Singer Division of Critical Studies
Also this week, Paradigm announces its latest client signings.
This column in THR’s Behind the Screen blog runs on Fridays.
On Sunday, USC’s School of Cinematic Arts will dedicate the Bryan Singer Division of Critical Studies, marking the first time one of the school’s seven divisions will be named by an alumnus. The Division’s courses focus on a variety of media, from big budget blockbusters to YouTube clips. In addition, it offers courses on the business, analysis and cultural impact of the moving image. Singer (pictured) will be on hand for the dedication.
Paradigm announced that it has signed director of photography Evans Brown (True Blood) and editor Martin Bernfeld (Almanac, Bounty Killer, Mob Rules, Piranha 3DD).
The Art Directors Guild has named this year's winners of its ADG/Richard Stiles Scholarship Awards. They are Madison Kern, daughter of production designer and art director Brandy Alexander, and Zane Toyon, son of production designer/art director Richard Toyon. Kern graduated from Beverly Hills High School and is attending USC as a communications major. Zane Toyon graduated from Clark Magnet High School in La Crescenta and is now attending CSU Monterey Bay, majoring in marine biology. The ADG scholarship program, now in its ninth year, is open to dependents and spouses of Guild members as well as members themselves.
Neglab, a Sydney-based motion picture film lab for processing 35mm and 16mm color negative, plans to reopen its doors later this month. The company originally opened in July 1997, and briefly suspended operations a few years ago based on industry economics.
UK-headquartered music company Audio Network has opened a Los Angeles office, which will be headed up by Cheryl Frohlich, head of business development at Audio Network US.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!