CinemaCon: DreamWorks Animation Previews 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'
The studio also offers a sneak peak at "Turbo" and "Mr. Peabody & Sherman."
Fox unveiled a clip from How To Train Your Dragon 2 — the sequel to DreamWorks Animation’s Oscar-nominated animated feature that centers on the friendship between a boy, Hiccup, and a dragon, Toothless--during its presentation Thursday at CinemaCon
In the 3D clip, a now-teenage Hiccup soars through the clouds on Toothless’ back. They dive toward earth, and Hiccup tries out his own invented "wings."
The sequel is written and directed by Dean DeBlois, who co-directed the original movie with Chris Sanders (The Croods). It opens June 20, 2014.
Fox also offered a sneak peak at DWA's March 2014 release Mr. Peabody & Sherman, directed by Rob Minkoff (Stuart Little) and based on the classic cartoon that featured a super-smart talking canine Mr. Peabody and human Sherman.
The session also included an extended clip from DWA's next release, Turbo, directed by David Soren. The story of a snail who has the "need for speed” opens July 17.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)