J.J. Abrams Reteaming With DP Daniel Mindel to Shoot 'Star Wars' - On Film
Mindel lensed "Star Trek" and "Star Trek Into Darkness" for Abrams.
Director of photography Daniel Mindel, who lensed Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, is reteaming with J.J. Abrams to lens Star Wars -- and they are shooting the movie on Kodak 35mm film.
It doesn't come as a complete surprise. At the PGA's Produced By conference in June, Abrams said during a presentation, “I have not yet shot a movie digitally. Film is the thing I am most comfortable with. If film were to go away — and digital is challenging it— then the standard for the highest, best quality would go away.”
In related news, a federal judge approved Kodak's plan to emerge from bankruptcy protection on Tuesday.
"We are moving forward and expect to fully emerge by early September," said Andrew Evenski, president of Kodak's entertainment imaging and commercial films division, in a statement. "As part of the company's emergence plan, traditional films will continue to play an important role in Kodak's product portfolio."
Fall TV Preview
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014