J.J. Abrams Reteaming With DP Daniel Mindel to Shoot 'Star Wars' - On Film
Mindel lensed "Star Trek" and "Star Trek Into Darkness" for Abrams.
Director of photography Daniel Mindel, who lensed Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, is reteaming with J.J. Abrams to lens Star Wars -- and they are shooting the movie on Kodak 35mm film.
It doesn't come as a complete surprise. At the PGA's Produced By conference in June, Abrams said during a presentation, “I have not yet shot a movie digitally. Film is the thing I am most comfortable with. If film were to go away — and digital is challenging it— then the standard for the highest, best quality would go away.”
In related news, a federal judge approved Kodak's plan to emerge from bankruptcy protection on Tuesday.
"We are moving forward and expect to fully emerge by early September," said Andrew Evenski, president of Kodak's entertainment imaging and commercial films division, in a statement. "As part of the company's emergence plan, traditional films will continue to play an important role in Kodak's product portfolio."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'