Matt Cowan and Garrett Smith Join Entertainment Technology Consultants
The new chief innovation engineer joins after a stint at RealD while the new senior creative liaison previously spent decades as head of mastering and production technology at Paramount.
Matt Cowan and Garrett J. Smith have joined Entertainment Technology Consultants.
Cowan, one of the original co-founders of ETC, rejoins the company as chief innovation engineer. Smith will assume the newly created role of senior creative liaison.
Most recently, Cowan held the position of chief scientific officer at RealD. He chairs SMPTE’s onscreen light measurement study group and teaches color science and digital cinema courses for universities and industry forums.
Smith previously spent decades as head of mastering and production technology at Paramount Pictures. He is a member of the American Society of Cinematographers’ Technology Committee and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Science and Technology Council.
H. Loren Nielsen, ETC president and co-founder, said in a statement: “The industry is evolving rapidly. … I cannot imagine two people I would rather have on board to help guide the transition than Matt and Garrett.”
2014 Emmy Awards
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan