Matt Cowan and Garrett Smith Join Entertainment Technology Consultants
The new chief innovation engineer joins after a stint at RealD while the new senior creative liaison previously spent decades as head of mastering and production technology at Paramount.
Matt Cowan and Garrett J. Smith have joined Entertainment Technology Consultants.
Cowan, one of the original co-founders of ETC, rejoins the company as chief innovation engineer. Smith will assume the newly created role of senior creative liaison.
Most recently, Cowan held the position of chief scientific officer at RealD. He chairs SMPTE’s onscreen light measurement study group and teaches color science and digital cinema courses for universities and industry forums.
Smith previously spent decades as head of mastering and production technology at Paramount Pictures. He is a member of the American Society of Cinematographers’ Technology Committee and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Science and Technology Council.
H. Loren Nielsen, ETC president and co-founder, said in a statement: “The industry is evolving rapidly. … I cannot imagine two people I would rather have on board to help guide the transition than Matt and Garrett.”
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014