MPC Confirms It Will Take On Visual Effects for Disney's 'The Jungle Book'
Additional projects at the Technicolor-owned VFX company include "Exodus," "Cinderella" and "Batman v Superman."
The Moving Picture Co. has confirmed the whispers that it will be serving as lead visual effects house on Disney’s upcoming The Jungle Book.
Jon Favreau is directing the live-action/CG adaptation of the Rudyard Kipling story. An Oct. 9, 2015, release is planned. (Warner Bros. is also making an adaptation of The Jungle Book, with Andy Serkis set to direct).
Technicolor-owned MPC has been busy, after recently completing work on Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Maleficent. Upcoming credits include Exodus, Cinderella, Into The Woods, Frankenstein, Night at the Museum 3, Fast & Furious 7 and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
MPC is headquartered in London and also maintains feature effects facilities in Vancouver and Montreal (as well as bases for commercial work in Los Angeles and New York). The company believes it could have up to 2,000 employed across these facilities by the end of the year.
Technicolor also recently acquired Toronto-headquartered VFX house Mr. X, which is focused on television work.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!