NAB: Avid Details Strategy for Connected Work Environment
The company also kicked off its Customer Association event touting its "Avid Everywhere" strategy.
LAS VEGAS -- Avid kicked off its inaugural Avid Customer Association event and launched its "Avid Everywhere" strategy, Saturday at the Bellagio, timed with the start of the NAB Show.
The company expects more than 1,000 attendees from roughly 40 countries to participate in the two-day event, which began with the latest news about its technologies that will be on display when the NAB exhibition floor opens on Monday.
The executive board of ACA -- whose formation was announced last September -- includes Avid customers from Hollywood and around the world, including 20th Century Fox’s president of production Ted Gagliano; film editor Steve Cohen; Fox Networks’ executive vp/GM Richard Friedel; Todd-Soundelux chairman David Alfonso; Disney’s vp, postproduction technology Annie Chang; and execs from companies such as Turner Broadcasting, the UK’s ITV, Germany’s ZDF and China’s CCTV. Advisory council’s were also formed to focus on specific areas of Avid’s business.
"Avid Everywhere" is the moniker for the company’s strategy to offer a connected work environment. New technologies in support of this initiative include Avid MediaCentral, which is effectively a modular platform that supports all of the company's tools and services (including cloud services). Said Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez Jr., “By getting on the Avid MediaCentral platform today, broadcast, video, and audio customers can strategically address both their current and future needs, with complete choice over how, when, and where they deploy and scale their solutions.”
Avid also reorganized its products into “suites,” all of which can operate on MediaCentral. They are the artists suite, which includes Avid's Media Composer editing system and ProTools audio post system; a media suite, which includes management tools such as an ingest module called Director; and a storage suite.
Editors should note that Avid’s Interplay Sphere has been renamed Media Composer Cloud, and the company additionally introduced some new subscription licensing options.
In storage, Avid is rolling out 4K support across its ISIS line.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)