NAB: Red Acquires Element Technica Division of 3Ality
Element Technica 3D rigs will continue to be offered through 3Ality.
Camera maker Red has acquired Element Technica, the accessories development and manufacturing division of 3Ality Digital, though 3Ality will continue to offer Element Technica's 3D rigs. The value and terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“The 2D part of Element Technica was not core to our business,” Steve Schklair, CEO of 3Ality Digital, tells The Hollywood Reporter. “We are a 3D company and our main concentration is on 3D features production not TV production.”
Although Element started the camera accessories business based around the Red One, the portfolio now includes accessory systems for camera manufacturers including Sony and Canon.
A statement from Element Technica said: “[Red founder] Jim Jannard and his team, lead by Jarred Land, have been integral in the early success and brand recognition now enjoyed by Element Technica.”
The combination of 3Ality 3D rigs with Red cameras have been selected for features including The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and upcoming The Great Gatsby.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game