NAB: Red Acquires Element Technica Division of 3Ality
Element Technica 3D rigs will continue to be offered through 3Ality.
Camera maker Red has acquired Element Technica, the accessories development and manufacturing division of 3Ality Digital, though 3Ality will continue to offer Element Technica's 3D rigs. The value and terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“The 2D part of Element Technica was not core to our business,” Steve Schklair, CEO of 3Ality Digital, tells The Hollywood Reporter. “We are a 3D company and our main concentration is on 3D features production not TV production.”
Although Element started the camera accessories business based around the Red One, the portfolio now includes accessory systems for camera manufacturers including Sony and Canon.
A statement from Element Technica said: “[Red founder] Jim Jannard and his team, lead by Jarred Land, have been integral in the early success and brand recognition now enjoyed by Element Technica.”
The combination of 3Ality 3D rigs with Red cameras have been selected for features including The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and upcoming The Great Gatsby.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!