NAB: Red Acquires Element Technica Division of 3Ality
Element Technica 3D rigs will continue to be offered through 3Ality.
Camera maker Red has acquired Element Technica, the accessories development and manufacturing division of 3Ality Digital, though 3Ality will continue to offer Element Technica's 3D rigs. The value and terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“The 2D part of Element Technica was not core to our business,” Steve Schklair, CEO of 3Ality Digital, tells The Hollywood Reporter. “We are a 3D company and our main concentration is on 3D features production not TV production.”
Although Element started the camera accessories business based around the Red One, the portfolio now includes accessory systems for camera manufacturers including Sony and Canon.
A statement from Element Technica said: “[Red founder] Jim Jannard and his team, lead by Jarred Land, have been integral in the early success and brand recognition now enjoyed by Element Technica.”
The combination of 3Ality 3D rigs with Red cameras have been selected for features including The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and upcoming The Great Gatsby.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro