NAB: Red Acquires Element Technica Division of 3Ality
Element Technica 3D rigs will continue to be offered through 3Ality.
Camera maker Red has acquired Element Technica, the accessories development and manufacturing division of 3Ality Digital, though 3Ality will continue to offer Element Technica's 3D rigs. The value and terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“The 2D part of Element Technica was not core to our business,” Steve Schklair, CEO of 3Ality Digital, tells The Hollywood Reporter. “We are a 3D company and our main concentration is on 3D features production not TV production.”
Although Element started the camera accessories business based around the Red One, the portfolio now includes accessory systems for camera manufacturers including Sony and Canon.
A statement from Element Technica said: “[Red founder] Jim Jannard and his team, lead by Jarred Land, have been integral in the early success and brand recognition now enjoyed by Element Technica.”
The combination of 3Ality 3D rigs with Red cameras have been selected for features including The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and upcoming The Great Gatsby.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch