Oscar-Winning Sound Editors Per Hallberg, Karen Baker Landers Joining Formosa Group (Exclusive)
The pair -- who together won Oscars for "Skyfall" and "The Bourne Ultimatum" -- previously spent nearly 28 years with the Todd Soundelux business under various owners and monikers.
Per Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers -- supervising sound editors who together won Oscars for Skyfall and The Bourne Ultimatum -- are joining Formosa Group, the postproduction sound company started earlier this year in West Hollywood.
The pair had been with the Todd Soundelux business (under various owners and monikers) for nearly 28 years, and they have been working together for 25 years with shared supervising sound editor credits on films including G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Ray, Seabiscuit, Black Hawk Down and Gladiator. They have received seven Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE) Golden Reel Awards out of 27 nominations and three BAFTA Awards out of six nominations.
Hallberg additionally received an Oscar for best effects, sound effects editing for Braveheart (shared with Lon Bender) and an Oscar nomination for best effects, sound effects editing for Face/Off (shared with Formosa Group’s Mark Stoeckinger).
Baker Landers holds the distinction of being the first woman to win two Oscars for sound editing. She recently completed Carrie and is finishing RoboCop; she will soon move to Formosa Group.
Hallberg’s latest credits include Into the Storm and Delivery Man, and his first film at Formosa Group will be Child 44.
The pair join Formosa Group’s roster of sound veterans, including Stoeckinger, Odin Benitez, Scott M. Gershin, Greg Hedgepath, Andy Koyama, Mark Mangini, Julian Slater, Todd Toon and Martyn Zub.
In joining Formosa Group, Hallberg and Baker Landers reteam with several of their former colleagues from the Todd-Soundelux business, including Gershin, Stoeckinger, and president and COO Robert C. Rosenthal.
Formosa Group -- a sister company to Picture Head and Audio Head -- is based on The Lot in West Hollywood. It also maintains a second West Hollywood facility, dubbed Formosa 66, and a west-side facility, Formosa West.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Stop Worrying And Learn To Love These 9 Clichés
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton