Oscars: 'Frozen' is Disney Feature Animation's First Best Animated Feature Win
This is the first win and second nomination for co-director Chris Buck.
As surprising as this might sound, Frozen’s Oscar is actually the first Academy Award for best animated feature for the iconic Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Since the category was first awarded in 2001, the studio has earned nominations for films including Lilo and Stitch, The Princess and the Frog, and most recently Wreck-It Ralph, but it never make it to the podium.
This is the first win and second nomination for co-director Chris Buck, who was previously nominated for Surf’s Up. It was the first nomination for co-director Jennifer Lee, who was a writer on last year’s Wreck-It Ralph. It was the first nomination for producer Peter Del Vecho.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup