Oscars: German Nominees Reception Celebrates 'Room on the Broom' Team
The directors of the Oscar nominated animated short were toasted at the annual event.
The team behind the Oscar nominated short Room on the Boom was toasted during a crowded reception for German Academy Award nominees, Saturday at artists residence Villa Aurora in Pacific Palisades.
Attendees from the short included co-directors Max Lang (who previously earned an Oscar nomination for 2009 animated short The Gruffalo) and Jan Lachauer. The pair met as students at Germany's Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg.
"Some of the team members are here and it's a really nice occasion to celebrate the nomination," said Lachauer at the reception, which was presented by German Films, Villa Aurora and the German Consulate General.
On a budget of $2.4 million, the 25-minute Room on the Broom was made with 3D computer animation and some miniature sets at Studio Soi in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
It was produced by Magic Light Pictures, the U.K. company behind The Gruffalo and 2012 best animated feature Oscar nominee Chico & Rita. It has already aired on the BBC in the U.K. and in additional markets.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg