Oscars: German Nominees Reception Celebrates 'Room on the Broom' Team
The directors of the Oscar nominated animated short were toasted at the annual event.
The team behind the Oscar nominated short Room on the Boom was toasted during a crowded reception for German Academy Award nominees, Saturday at artists residence Villa Aurora in Pacific Palisades.
Attendees from the short included co-directors Max Lang (who previously earned an Oscar nomination for 2009 animated short The Gruffalo) and Jan Lachauer. The pair met as students at Germany's Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg.
"Some of the team members are here and it's a really nice occasion to celebrate the nomination," said Lachauer at the reception, which was presented by German Films, Villa Aurora and the German Consulate General.
On a budget of $2.4 million, the 25-minute Room on the Broom was made with 3D computer animation and some miniature sets at Studio Soi in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
It was produced by Magic Light Pictures, the U.K. company behind The Gruffalo and 2012 best animated feature Oscar nominee Chico & Rita. It has already aired on the BBC in the U.K. and in additional markets.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images