Oscars: German Nominees Reception Celebrates 'Room on the Broom' Team
The directors of the Oscar nominated animated short were toasted at the annual event.
The team behind the Oscar nominated short Room on the Boom was toasted during a crowded reception for German Academy Award nominees, Saturday at artists residence Villa Aurora in Pacific Palisades.
Attendees from the short included co-directors Max Lang (who previously earned an Oscar nomination for 2009 animated short The Gruffalo) and Jan Lachauer. The pair met as students at Germany's Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg.
"Some of the team members are here and it's a really nice occasion to celebrate the nomination," said Lachauer at the reception, which was presented by German Films, Villa Aurora and the German Consulate General.
On a budget of $2.4 million, the 25-minute Room on the Broom was made with 3D computer animation and some miniature sets at Studio Soi in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
It was produced by Magic Light Pictures, the U.K. company behind The Gruffalo and 2012 best animated feature Oscar nominee Chico & Rita. It has already aired on the BBC in the U.K. and in additional markets.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014