Oscars: Inside DreamWorks Animation's Brunch Honoring Animation and VFX Noms
Guests included nominees from "The Croods," "The Hobbit" and "Iron Man 3."
The Oscars are “finally here—it’s been like anticipating Christmas seven months in advance,” said an excited The Croods co-director Chris Sanders, who received his third Oscar nomination this year.
Sanders was among the guests at a DreamWorks Animation brunch celebrating the year’s animation and visual effects Oscar nominees, Saturday at Fig & Olive in West Hollywood.
Also in attendance was his Croods co-director Kirk De Micco, who joked that he’d be donning “Caveman couture” in honor of the prehistoric set movie, while the film's producer Kristine Belson said she would be wearing Carolina Herrera.
Also in attendance were nominees from Weta Digital, including Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon, David Clayton and Eric Reynolds, all nominated for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug; and Guy Williams, for Iron Man 3.
DWA guests included Croods producer Jane Hartwell; Rob Minkoff, director of Mr. Peabody & Sherman; Bonnie Arnold, producer of How to Train Your Dragon and its upcoming sequel; and Tom McGrath, director of the Madagascar movies.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum