RealD, Cinemex Ink Exclusive 3D Cinema Deal
Per the agreement, Mexico’s Cinemex will install roughly 700 RealD 3D systems and remove roughly 540 3D systems from alternative manufacturers.
Cinemex, Mexico’s second largest cinema exhibitor, has inked a 10-year deal that will make RealD the exclusive circuit-wide 3D technology provider for the chain. Terms were not disclosed.
Per the agreement, 700 auditoriums across the Cinemex circuit in Mexico are to be equipped with RealD 3D technology. The deal also includes the removal of approximately 540 alternative 3D systems that will be replaced with RealD 3D within the next two years.
RealD currently has roughly 900 installations in Mexico, through exhibitors including Cinepolis and Cinemark, as well as Cinemex.
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!