RealD, Cinemex Ink Exclusive 3D Cinema Deal
Per the agreement, Mexico’s Cinemex will install roughly 700 RealD 3D systems and remove roughly 540 3D systems from alternative manufacturers.
Cinemex, Mexico’s second largest cinema exhibitor, has inked a 10-year deal that will make RealD the exclusive circuit-wide 3D technology provider for the chain. Terms were not disclosed.
Per the agreement, 700 auditoriums across the Cinemex circuit in Mexico are to be equipped with RealD 3D technology. The deal also includes the removal of approximately 540 alternative 3D systems that will be replaced with RealD 3D within the next two years.
RealD currently has roughly 900 installations in Mexico, through exhibitors including Cinepolis and Cinemark, as well as Cinemex.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences