Red Veteran Ted Schilowitz Working on CinemaBarco
Barco also partnered with Audience Entertainment on its initiative, which will be further detailed next week at CinemaCon.
Barco has confirmed that Ted Schilowitz --the first employee at of camera maker Red, who left the company last fall for a consulting post at 20th Century Fox -- is also consulting on CinemaBarco. This is effectively a new brand from the digital cinema technology maker that encompasses lobby promotions, interactive preshow and social media, as well as Barco laser projection and Auro 11.1 sound.
Also on Tuesday, Barco revealed that another piece in this initiative is a partnership with New York-based media technology company Audience Entertainment to create an interactive platform for moviegoers called iD (Interactive Dimension). According to the companies, iD could allow audiences to "move and interact as a group, working as a team to influence and determine the outcome of the stories unfolding in front of them." It is recommended for use with advertising, preshow and feature presentations.
Barco plans to further explain its initiative at CinemaCon, which begins March 24 in Las Vegas.
Schilowitz began collaborating with Barco while at Red and more recently has been working with the company at its headquarters in Belgium. Said Barco vp global entertaiment Todd Hoddick in a statement, "Ted brings a refreshing, childlike enthusiasm combined with his unique brand of disruption toward our effort in creating new, exhilarating and communal entertainment experiences."
2014 Emmy Awards
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life