Red Veteran Ted Schilowitz Working on CinemaBarco
Barco also partnered with Audience Entertainment on its initiative, which will be further detailed next week at CinemaCon.
Barco has confirmed that Ted Schilowitz --the first employee at of camera maker Red, who left the company last fall for a consulting post at 20th Century Fox -- is also consulting on CinemaBarco. This is effectively a new brand from the digital cinema technology maker that encompasses lobby promotions, interactive preshow and social media, as well as Barco laser projection and Auro 11.1 sound.
Also on Tuesday, Barco revealed that another piece in this initiative is a partnership with New York-based media technology company Audience Entertainment to create an interactive platform for moviegoers called iD (Interactive Dimension). According to the companies, iD could allow audiences to "move and interact as a group, working as a team to influence and determine the outcome of the stories unfolding in front of them." It is recommended for use with advertising, preshow and feature presentations.
Barco plans to further explain its initiative at CinemaCon, which begins March 24 in Las Vegas.
Schilowitz began collaborating with Barco while at Red and more recently has been working with the company at its headquarters in Belgium. Said Barco vp global entertaiment Todd Hoddick in a statement, "Ted brings a refreshing, childlike enthusiasm combined with his unique brand of disruption toward our effort in creating new, exhilarating and communal entertainment experiences."
- Here's The Snoop Dogg Episode Martha Stewart Was Talking About On The Bieber Roast
- The 'One Tree Hill' Cast Reunited, And Made Your Teenage Dreams Come True
- Pakistan's First Animated Feature Gives Young Fans What They Need -- Homegrown Heroes
- Helen Mirren's Acceptance Speech On Helium Deserves An Oscar
- Justin Bieber's Roast: Best Jokes From the Night!
- Taylor Swift & Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Loose All Their Chill in the Car - Watch Now!
- Martha Stewart Killed It at Justin Bieber's Roast, Jokes About Prison & Pot (Video)
- Behati Prinsloo Heats Things Up in 'Victoria's Secret' Push-Up Bra Commercial (Video)