Red Veteran Ted Schilowitz Working on CinemaBarco
Barco also partnered with Audience Entertainment on its initiative, which will be further detailed next week at CinemaCon.
Barco has confirmed that Ted Schilowitz --the first employee at of camera maker Red, who left the company last fall for a consulting post at 20th Century Fox -- is also consulting on CinemaBarco. This is effectively a new brand from the digital cinema technology maker that encompasses lobby promotions, interactive preshow and social media, as well as Barco laser projection and Auro 11.1 sound.
Also on Tuesday, Barco revealed that another piece in this initiative is a partnership with New York-based media technology company Audience Entertainment to create an interactive platform for moviegoers called iD (Interactive Dimension). According to the companies, iD could allow audiences to "move and interact as a group, working as a team to influence and determine the outcome of the stories unfolding in front of them." It is recommended for use with advertising, preshow and feature presentations.
Barco plans to further explain its initiative at CinemaCon, which begins March 24 in Las Vegas.
Schilowitz began collaborating with Barco while at Red and more recently has been working with the company at its headquarters in Belgium. Said Barco vp global entertaiment Todd Hoddick in a statement, "Ted brings a refreshing, childlike enthusiasm combined with his unique brand of disruption toward our effort in creating new, exhilarating and communal entertainment experiences."
Sundance: On the Scene
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!