'Rhythm & Hues: Life After Pi' Documentary Trailer Released (Video)
One year since Rhythm & Hues filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy shortly before its work on 'Life of Pi' won a VFX Oscar, a documentary is set to be released.
One year after Rhythm & Hues filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy shortly before its work on Life of Pi won the Oscar for VFX, a new documentary will examine the incident and the impact it had on mobilizing the VFX industry to try to fix its troubled business model.
The trailer for Rhythm & Hues Life: After Pi has been released.
The full 30-minute documentary will go online on Feb. 25. It is also the first chapter in an upcoming feature length documentary titled Hollywood Ending - Why the Movie Capital of the World is Forcing Filmmakers to Leave.
Life After Pi is directed by Scott Leberecht, an art director at R&H. Producing is Christina Lee Storm, a R&H alum who currently serves as executive director of Act One.
A portion of the trailer shows the 2013 rally that the VFX community held on Hollywood Blvd. during Oscar Sunday. The community is planning to hold a demonstration again this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting