'Rhythm & Hues: Life After Pi' Documentary Trailer Released (Video)
One year since Rhythm & Hues filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy shortly before its work on 'Life of Pi' won a VFX Oscar, a documentary is set to be released.
One year after Rhythm & Hues filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy shortly before its work on Life of Pi won the Oscar for VFX, a new documentary will examine the incident and the impact it had on mobilizing the VFX industry to try to fix its troubled business model.
The trailer for Rhythm & Hues Life: After Pi has been released.
The full 30-minute documentary will go online on Feb. 25. It is also the first chapter in an upcoming feature length documentary titled Hollywood Ending - Why the Movie Capital of the World is Forcing Filmmakers to Leave.
Life After Pi is directed by Scott Leberecht, an art director at R&H. Producing is Christina Lee Storm, a R&H alum who currently serves as executive director of Act One.
A portion of the trailer shows the 2013 rally that the VFX community held on Hollywood Blvd. during Oscar Sunday. The community is planning to hold a demonstration again this year.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!