Richard Crudo Named President of American Society of Cinematographers
Elected officers include vps Owen Roizman, Kees Van Oostrum, and Lowell Peterson; treasurer Victor J. Kemper; secretary Fred Goodich; and sergeant-at-Arms Isidore Mankofsky.
Director of photography Richard Crudo has been named president of the Amerian Society of Cinematographers, succeeding director of photography Stephen Lighthill, who remains on the board. Crudo previously served three terms as ASC president from 2003 through 2005.
The society’s board of governors also elected officers Owen Roizman, Kees Van Oostrum and Lowell Peterson as vps; Victor J. Kemper as treasurer; Fred Goodich as secretary; and Isidore Mankofsky sergeant-at-arms.
The members of the Board, elected in May by the organization’s active membership, also include Lighthill, Curtis Clark, Dean Cundey, George Spiro Dibie, Richard Edlund, Fred Elmes, Francis Kenny, Matthew Leonetti, Michael O’Shea, Rodney Taylor and Haskell Wexler. Alternates are Kenneth Zunder, Steven Fierberg, Karl Walter Lindenlaub and Sol Negrin.
“As always, we will be aggressively promoting our art and craft, as well as the related interests of cinematographers everywhere,” said Crudo. “I want to thank Stephen Lighthill for his hard work and dedication during the past term. We operate in an astonishingly fast-moving world, and I look forward to working with him and the other Board members as we expand our efforts on all fronts, from pre-visualization through postproduction and image delivery.”
A native of Brooklyn, Crudo is also a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, serving as an Academy Governor and Chairman of the Cinematographers Branch. In addition, he has chaired and co-chaired the ASC Awards for several years during the past decade.
His feature credits include Federal Hill, American Buffalo, American Pie, Music From Another Room, Down To Earth, and Brooklyn Rules. He has also directed several independent films, and currently shares cinematography duties with Francis Kenny on FX series Justified.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!