Rio-Focused Channel to Debut Ahead of World Cup
The Young Hollywood and Momentum Entertainment Group partnership will launch on multiple platforms, including online, in April.
Young Hollywood and Momentum Entertainment Group plan to jointly launch a channel that will debut next April focused on celebrity and athlete buzz in Rio, timed to coincide with next summer’s FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Rio and other cities across Brazil.
In addition to being a standalone channel accessible via younghollywood.com, the content will live on multiple platforms and be syndicated across the web.
Young Hollywood syndicates its content to several media partners, including YouTube (an original channel partner), Hulu, Yahoo!, AOL and numerous mobile and broadcast television outlets.
“There’s an untold story of the World Cup celebrity experience that Young Hollywood will tell,” said Young Hollywood founder/CEO RJ Williams.
MEG, an Interpublic company, is the content development and production division of Momentum Worldwide. Said Momentum chairman and CEO Chris Weil of the agreement, “Our collaboration with Young Hollywood is an exciting move for Momentum as we partner to pioneer new channels, inventive content, innovative brand opportunities and international connections with audiences passionate about celebrities and sports.”
At press time it was not clear if channel programming would extend to 2016, when Rio hosts the Olympic Games.
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor