Rio-Focused Channel to Debut Ahead of World Cup
The Young Hollywood and Momentum Entertainment Group partnership will launch on multiple platforms, including online, in April.
Young Hollywood and Momentum Entertainment Group plan to jointly launch a channel that will debut next April focused on celebrity and athlete buzz in Rio, timed to coincide with next summer’s FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Rio and other cities across Brazil.
In addition to being a standalone channel accessible via younghollywood.com, the content will live on multiple platforms and be syndicated across the web.
Young Hollywood syndicates its content to several media partners, including YouTube (an original channel partner), Hulu, Yahoo!, AOL and numerous mobile and broadcast television outlets.
“There’s an untold story of the World Cup celebrity experience that Young Hollywood will tell,” said Young Hollywood founder/CEO RJ Williams.
MEG, an Interpublic company, is the content development and production division of Momentum Worldwide. Said Momentum chairman and CEO Chris Weil of the agreement, “Our collaboration with Young Hollywood is an exciting move for Momentum as we partner to pioneer new channels, inventive content, innovative brand opportunities and international connections with audiences passionate about celebrities and sports.”
At press time it was not clear if channel programming would extend to 2016, when Rio hosts the Olympic Games.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm