On the Road: New Alternatives for Outside Broadcast Vans
A 4K-supported production system on a three-wheeler moped rolled out recently in Denmark.
As live broadcasting and streaming continue to become more advanced -- as well as more portable -- we're seeing inventive alternatives to the outside broadcast vans that typically are parked at sports arenas or other event sites.
Among the latest to hit the road is the “@-car” from German production services provider nobeo (above, right).
This compact production vehicle offers gear for broadcasting plus live online streaming. The heart of the system is a StreamZ Live encoder from Digital Rapids, which takes the live HD source feed and creates multiple output streams in a variety of resolutions, bit rates and formats for live OTT delivery as well as VOD assets.
Meanwhile, Nimb TV -- a broadcast production startup in Denmark -- has rolled out an Ultra HD (4K) capable production system contained in a three-wheeler moped.
This one is built around Blackmagic Design’s Ultra HD products, including its ATEM Production Studio 4K and Blackmagic Audio Monitor.
It’s aimed at clients from independent filmmakers to national broadcasters, and its first project was the "boot camp" section of the next season of Denmark’s version of The X Factor.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR