See 'The Great Gatsby's' Visual Effects Transformation (Video)
The new clip shows how extensive blue and greenscreens were replaced with detailed landscapes.
A new video reveals the extensive visual effects used to create the world of The Great Gatsby.
VFX supervisor Chris Godfrey recently uploaded before-and-after scenes from the film, showing how blue and greenscreens were transformed into the movie's detailed settings.
During the nearly four-minute clip, soundtracked by Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful," which was used in the film, raw footage of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and the rest of the cast walking, talking and pretending to drive by green and bluescreens is interspersed with scenes from the movie.
It's revealed that DiCaprio and Maguire were filmed in Gatsby's yellow car surrounded by bluescreens for one of their trips into New York City in the film.
Another shot shows DiCaprio and Maguire walking down a pier, completely surrounded by bluescreens. In the film, you can see the water and Gatsby's estate behind them.
The Buchanans' lavish property also was largely created using visual effects.
To see the rest of the movie magic unfold, check out the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)