Siggraph Keynote Speakers Include 'Up' Director Pete Docter
Others presenting at the conference are "Coraline's" Henry Selick, "How to Train Your Dragon’s" Chris Sanders and "The Simpsons' " David Silverman.
Eight leading animated film directors including Pete Docter, the Oscar-winning helmer of Pixar’s Up, will take the stage for the keynote at the upcoming Siggraph CG conference.
Presented in collaboration with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, this session is part of the Marc Davis Lecture series, a forum to explore the challenges of creating animation for feature films.
Speakers include Oscar nominees Chris Sanders, who co-directed DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon; Henry Selick, director of Laika’s Coraline; and David Silverman, who received a nomination earlier this year for the animated short Maggie Simpson in "The Longest Daycare.”
Also scheduled to speak are director and animator Eric Goldberg, who was the supervising animator on the Genie in Disney’s Aladdin; Kevin Lima, whose most recent directing credits include Disney’s Enchanted; Mike Mitchell, whose directing credits include DreamWorks Animation's Shrek Forever After; and Kirk Wise, who co-directed Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
AMPAS’ managing director of programming, education and preservation Randy Haberkamp will moderate the discussion.
Siggraph will be held July 21-25 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!