Society of Camera Operators Moves Awards Ceremony Date
The event is now set to take place at the Skirball Cultural Center on March 8.
The Society of Camera Operators has moved its annual awards ceremony from Feb. 15 to March 8. The event is scheduled to take place at the Skirball Cultural Center just off the 405 Freeway, in the area scheduled for road and ramp closures that are expected to cause major traffic jams during the February weekend.
As previously announced, this year's Lifetime Achievement Award recipients are Chris Haarhoff, camera operator (Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, Almost Famous); William Coe, camera technician (The Avengers, J. Edgar, Jersey Boys); Barry Wetcher, still photographer (Goodfellas, Quiz Show, Sherlock Holmes) and Jack Carpenter, mobile camera platform operator (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Crash, The Matrix).
The Distinguished Service Award recipient is Stan McClain (National Security, Almost Famous, Any Given Sunday), and the President's Award recipient is camera equipment developer Leonard Chapman.
SOC plans to donate all proceeds from the Awards event to the Vision Center at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR