Society of Camera Operators Moves Awards Ceremony Date
The event is now set to take place at the Skirball Cultural Center on March 8.
The Society of Camera Operators has moved its annual awards ceremony from Feb. 15 to March 8. The event is scheduled to take place at the Skirball Cultural Center just off the 405 Freeway, in the area scheduled for road and ramp closures that are expected to cause major traffic jams during the February weekend.
As previously announced, this year's Lifetime Achievement Award recipients are Chris Haarhoff, camera operator (Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, Almost Famous); William Coe, camera technician (The Avengers, J. Edgar, Jersey Boys); Barry Wetcher, still photographer (Goodfellas, Quiz Show, Sherlock Holmes) and Jack Carpenter, mobile camera platform operator (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Crash, The Matrix).
The Distinguished Service Award recipient is Stan McClain (National Security, Almost Famous, Any Given Sunday), and the President's Award recipient is camera equipment developer Leonard Chapman.
SOC plans to donate all proceeds from the Awards event to the Vision Center at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!