Spike Lee to Use Sony's 4K Camera for Next Movie
The production will be lensed by "12 Years A Slave" director of photography Sean Bobbitt.
Spike Lee is planning to shoot his untitled "newest hottest Spike Lee joint" in 4K using Sony's F55 4K camera.
Funding for the movie — which Lee describes as a "love story about people addicted to blood" — was raised on Kickstarter. It's now in preproduction.
"I love film, but the budget dictates how you do it," Lee told The Hollywood Reporter. "Our last two films were digital." And the latest choice is to move to higher-resolution 4K, roughly four times the resolution of HD.
To make the movie, Lee is reteaming with director of photography Sean Bobbitt, who lensed Lee's upcoming Oldboy as well as Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum