Spike Lee to Use Sony's 4K Camera for Next Movie
The production will be lensed by "12 Years A Slave" director of photography Sean Bobbitt.
Spike Lee is planning to shoot his untitled "newest hottest Spike Lee joint" in 4K using Sony's F55 4K camera.
Funding for the movie — which Lee describes as a "love story about people addicted to blood" — was raised on Kickstarter. It's now in preproduction.
"I love film, but the budget dictates how you do it," Lee told The Hollywood Reporter. "Our last two films were digital." And the latest choice is to move to higher-resolution 4K, roughly four times the resolution of HD.
To make the movie, Lee is reteaming with director of photography Sean Bobbitt, who lensed Lee's upcoming Oldboy as well as Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave, which had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed