Todd-Soundelux Taps Music Mixer Joseph Magee to Lead Music Services
His credits include 'Saving Mr. Banks,' ' Metallica Through the Never' and 'Pitch Perfect.'
Music mixer Joseph Magee -- whose recent credits include Saving Mr. Banks, Metallica Through the Never, and Pitch Perfect -- started a new position on Monday at postproduction sound company Todd-Soundelux, where he will lead the company’s expanding music services.
His first project will be Blackbird for director Gina Prince-Bythewood. He’s also in preproduction on Pitch Perfect 2.
"Joseph Magee is a highly versatile and well-respected talent," said David F. Alfonso, owner and chair of Todd-Soundelux, in a statement. "We see a meaningful opportunity in the market to create additional value for content creators by offering a more integrated suite of best-in-class solutions for creative postproduction sound services and music services."
Said Magee, "I see my role as bridging the sometimes separate functions of production and postproduction. When a filmmaker brings me in early for the preproduction process, I can develop a comprehensive template for the technical music needs of the project. As a small dedicated team, we coordinate the creative efforts of the music producers, supervisors or musical directors and guarantee the safe arrival of their elements to picture, for final."
Magee’s credits also include The Lone Ranger, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Iron Man 2 and Into the Wild.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR