U.K.'s Goldcrest Post Adds Three Executives
The postproduction operation, home to the "Les Miserables" Oscar-winning sound team, is bolstering ambitions with new hires.
LONDON – U.K. marquee name Goldcrest Post (Goldcrest) is continuing in its quest to aggressively position itself in the globally renowned British postproduction arena with the hire of three key executives to its management team.
The company's freshly appointed managing director, Patrick Malone, has brought aboard Laurent Treherne as chief technology director, Martin Poultney as commercial director and Rob Farris as head of production.
All three arrive from Company 3, a subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services and Malone's former employer. All three have worked on postproduction for the major studios.
Poultney is a veteran of the U.K. movie industry with over 30 years of experience in distribution and postproduction and most recently was Company 3 head of feature film sales.
Treherne arrives at Goldcrest having been in charge of designing and maintaining dailies and DI workflows and had responsibility for color and image science work while at the Deluxe subsidiary.
Farris was responsible for supervising the digital Intermediate processes of some of the largest theatrical feature films posting in London.
Malone described the trio as "well respected within the industry" and that they "represent the latest components of what will soon become the best theatrical post team in Europe."
Lee Clappison has also been brought in to Goldcrest. Previously at LipSync, Clappison has graded Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated films, including My Week with Marilyn for Simon Curtis and Shame for Steve McQueen.
Moira Brophy moves up from head of production to general manager with immediate effect.
Goldcrest Films is fully financing and distributing The Autopsy of Jane Doe, set to star Martin Sheen, Andre Ovredal’s English-language follow up to his international hit Troll Hunter. The company also recently announced financing and distribution of Brooklyn Bridge, starring Daniel Radcliffe.
Goldcrest Post’s extensive list of credits includes Academy Award winners The Iron Lady, Les Miserables and Skyfall together with One Direction: This is Us, Twilight and Harry Potter.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released