U.K.'s Goldcrest Post Adds Three Executives
The postproduction operation, home to the "Les Miserables" Oscar-winning sound team, is bolstering ambitions with new hires.
LONDON – U.K. marquee name Goldcrest Post (Goldcrest) is continuing in its quest to aggressively position itself in the globally renowned British postproduction arena with the hire of three key executives to its management team.
The company's freshly appointed managing director, Patrick Malone, has brought aboard Laurent Treherne as chief technology director, Martin Poultney as commercial director and Rob Farris as head of production.
All three arrive from Company 3, a subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services and Malone's former employer. All three have worked on postproduction for the major studios.
Poultney is a veteran of the U.K. movie industry with over 30 years of experience in distribution and postproduction and most recently was Company 3 head of feature film sales.
Treherne arrives at Goldcrest having been in charge of designing and maintaining dailies and DI workflows and had responsibility for color and image science work while at the Deluxe subsidiary.
Farris was responsible for supervising the digital Intermediate processes of some of the largest theatrical feature films posting in London.
Malone described the trio as "well respected within the industry" and that they "represent the latest components of what will soon become the best theatrical post team in Europe."
Lee Clappison has also been brought in to Goldcrest. Previously at LipSync, Clappison has graded Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated films, including My Week with Marilyn for Simon Curtis and Shame for Steve McQueen.
Moira Brophy moves up from head of production to general manager with immediate effect.
Goldcrest Films is fully financing and distributing The Autopsy of Jane Doe, set to star Martin Sheen, Andre Ovredal’s English-language follow up to his international hit Troll Hunter. The company also recently announced financing and distribution of Brooklyn Bridge, starring Daniel Radcliffe.
Goldcrest Post’s extensive list of credits includes Academy Award winners The Iron Lady, Les Miserables and Skyfall together with One Direction: This is Us, Twilight and Harry Potter.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)