Ustream's David Gibbons to Present SMPTE Luncheon Keynote
The annual conference and exhibition will take place Oct. 21-24 in Hollywood.
David Gibbons, vp product marketing at Ustream, will present a luncheon keynote at the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, Oct. 21-24 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
The exec plans to discuss the infrastructure behind large Internet broadcasts and the technical limitations and opportunities inherent in this delivery medium.
"With his experience guiding Ustream's HD streaming video platform, David is uniquely positioned to examine the questions that arise as online video grows more readily available than traditional TV ever has been,” said Barbara Lange, executive director at SMPTE.
Prior to joining Ustream, Gibbons held management positions at Avid Technology and online video company Ooyala.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR