Ustream's David Gibbons to Present SMPTE Luncheon Keynote
The annual conference and exhibition will take place Oct. 21-24 in Hollywood.
David Gibbons, vp product marketing at Ustream, will present a luncheon keynote at the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, Oct. 21-24 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
The exec plans to discuss the infrastructure behind large Internet broadcasts and the technical limitations and opportunities inherent in this delivery medium.
"With his experience guiding Ustream's HD streaming video platform, David is uniquely positioned to examine the questions that arise as online video grows more readily available than traditional TV ever has been,” said Barbara Lange, executive director at SMPTE.
Prior to joining Ustream, Gibbons held management positions at Avid Technology and online video company Ooyala.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!