Ustream's David Gibbons to Present SMPTE Luncheon Keynote
The annual conference and exhibition will take place Oct. 21-24 in Hollywood.
David Gibbons, vp product marketing at Ustream, will present a luncheon keynote at the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, Oct. 21-24 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
The exec plans to discuss the infrastructure behind large Internet broadcasts and the technical limitations and opportunities inherent in this delivery medium.
"With his experience guiding Ustream's HD streaming video platform, David is uniquely positioned to examine the questions that arise as online video grows more readily available than traditional TV ever has been,” said Barbara Lange, executive director at SMPTE.
Prior to joining Ustream, Gibbons held management positions at Avid Technology and online video company Ooyala.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Paul Wesley & Phoebe Tonkin Get Cuddly at U.S. Open 2014
- Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, & Austin Butler Get in a Group Workout!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding