VFX Community Holding Town Hall Meeting to Address Troubled Business
The meeting will take place online on Friday at 1:00 PDT.
A VFX Town Hall meeting is scheduled to take place online on Friday at 1 pm PDT, allowing members of the community in various cities and countries around the world to continue to discuss visual effects' troubled business model.
Participants in the one-hour discussion will include Jules Roman of Tippett Studio in Berkeley; Neishaw Ali of SpinVFX in Toronto; Jeff Barnes founder of the former Cafe FX; Danny Bergeron of Montreal’s Mokko Studio; Paddy Eason of London’s Nvizible; Phil Feiner of Pac Title in Burbank; and Carl Rosendahl, founder of PDI. Matt Winston will moderate.
The conversation will be broadcast on YouTube, and speakers will take questions via YouTube and Twitter.
A previous “Pi Day” Town Hall meeting was held in March. At that meeting, an estimated 250 attendees participated in Los Angeles, which was also streamed live and involved additional group participation from roughly 75 VFX personnel in the Bay area, 25 in Vancouver, five in Austin and 10 in Wellington.
The Visual Effects Society had previously announced that it would organize a “VFX Congress” to similarly address the subject. But earlier this month VES said it decided hold back after the “Pi Day” event was staged for the same purpose.
Below, watch a THR moderated Q&A with Ang Lee and the people behind his award winning movie Life of Pi.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10