Warner Bros.' Thomas Gewecke to Keynote Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers Conference
The studio's chief digital officer will discuss the future of content in an increasingly Internet-based world.
Thomas Gewecke, chief digital officer and executive vp for strategy and business development at Warner Bros. Entertainment, will deliver a keynote presentation at the upcoming Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) annual technical conference and exhibition.
He is scheduled to speak on the future of content in an increasingly Internet-based world.
Gewecke is responsible for Warners' worldwide digital growth, and his role includes oversight of Warner Bros. Technical Operations and corporate business development, as well as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's direct-to-consumer, business development and Flixster group. Earlier, Gewecke was senior vp of business development in the digital services group for Sony Music Entertainment.
The SMPTE conference will be held Oct. 22-24 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. A symposium titled “Next-Gen Image Formats: More, Better, or Faster Pixels?” will be held in conjunction with the conference on Oct. 21.
2014 Emmy Awards
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life