Warner Bros.' Thomas Gewecke to Keynote Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers Conference
The studio's chief digital officer will discuss the future of content in an increasingly Internet-based world.
Thomas Gewecke, chief digital officer and executive vp for strategy and business development at Warner Bros. Entertainment, will deliver a keynote presentation at the upcoming Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) annual technical conference and exhibition.
He is scheduled to speak on the future of content in an increasingly Internet-based world.
Gewecke is responsible for Warners' worldwide digital growth, and his role includes oversight of Warner Bros. Technical Operations and corporate business development, as well as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's direct-to-consumer, business development and Flixster group. Earlier, Gewecke was senior vp of business development in the digital services group for Sony Music Entertainment.
The SMPTE conference will be held Oct. 22-24 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. A symposium titled “Next-Gen Image Formats: More, Better, or Faster Pixels?” will be held in conjunction with the conference on Oct. 21.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR