Adams, Cooper and Jones joining Muppets movie (exclusive)
Amy Adams, Chris Cooper and Rashida Jones are in negotiations to join Disney’s untitled Muppet movie.
Jason Segel is the human lead in the movie, being directed by James Bobin and eyeing a November start in Los Angeles.
The story, by Segel and Nicholas Stoller, sees those wacky Muppets reunite to put on a show in order to save a movie studio.
Adams will play Segel’s girlfriend, who joins him in the quest to gather the Muppets.
Cooper is the greedy villain, who wants to buys the studio to dig for the oil hiding underneath it and who never thought the Muppets were funny to begin with.
Jones would play an ABC exec.
Mandeville’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are producing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?