Brad Pitt to Play Mob Enforcer in 'Cogan's Trade'
Brad Pitt is reteaming with Andrew Dominik, his director of The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, for a comedic crime story titled Cogan’s Trade.
The project, being financed by Inferno, is being unveiled at the American Film Market.
Trade centers on Jackie Cogan, a professional enforcer who investigates a heist that takes place during a high stakes poker game under protection of the mob.
Sources say Dominik is seeking to reunite some of his Jesse James actors for the ensemble movie, with names such as Sam Rockwell and Casey Affleck mentioned as among those that may join Pitt. Also on the list are Mark Ruffalo and Javier Bardem.
Producers on the film include Pitt and Dede Gardner from Plan B and Steve Schwartz and Paula Mae Schwartz from Chockstone. Inferno’s Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel will exec produce along with Marc Butan.
CAA, which reps, Dominik, Pitt and his Plan B banner, brokered the deal between Plan B, Chockstone and Inferno and will handle domestic rights.
Inferno is prepping The Grey, with Joe Carnahan directing and Liam Neeson in final negotiations to star and in post-production on the action/thriller The Killer Elite, starring Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)