Disney Keeps Its Date With 'The Avengers'
Marvel’s superhero-summit-meeting movie “The Avengers” is still on target for a May 4, 2012 opening.
That was the date that Marvel and Paramount Pictures originally set for the movie’s release.
But when Disney took over the marketing and distribution rights to “Avengers” and “Iron Man 3” for a minimum guarantee of $115 million earlier this week, there was a hanging question whether Disney would use the same date to debut the movie.
The answer now is yes, with Disney confirming Thursday.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)