Evans, Eve join Cusack in 'The Raven' (exclusive)
Luke Evans and Alice Eve are in negotiations to star opposite John Cusack in “The Raven,” the Edgar Allen Poe-centered period thriller being directed by James McTeigue.
Evans steps into the shoes vacated by Jeremy Renner, who was slated to star in the pic but segued to “Mission: Impossible 4” in late August.
Evans will play a detective who partners with Poe (Cusack) to search for a serial killer who has kidnapped the author’s fiance (Eve) and has gone on a murders spree that mimics the author’s work.
Travor Macy and Marc Evans of Intrepid Pictures and Aaron Ryder of FilmNation are producing.
The project begins shooting Nov. 9, with Budapest and Serbia standing in for 1849 Baltimore.
Eve, who turned heads in “She’s Out of My League,” recently wrapped British comedy “The Decoy Bride” and is shooting “ATM,” a thriller from Gold Circle Films. She is repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment and UK’s ARG.
Evans is onscreen in “Tamara Drewe,” starring opposite Gemma Arterton. The British actor has been working nonstop this year, shooting Relativity’s tentpole “Immortals” during the summer and currently wrapping “The Three Musketeers,” an adaptation of the Alexandre Dumas classic being directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.
Evans is repped by WME, Luber Roklin Entertainment and United in London.
- Borys Kit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)