Ewan McGregor Joining 'Jack the Giant Killer' (Exclusive)
Ewan McGregor is in negotiations to join the cast of Jack the Giant Killer, New Line and Legendary's tentpole being directed by Bryan Singer.
The project, shaping up to be one of New Line’s biggest to date, is a retelling of the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale centering on a farm boy who leads an expedition to free a princess taken hostage by a giant, a situation which threatens the uneasy peace between humans and giants.
The movie is in casting mode and already sees Nicholas Hoult playing the peasant while Stanley Tucci is playing the villain, an advisor to the king with designs on usurping power. Additionally, Bill Nighy and John Kassir will play the two-headed leader of the giants;
McGregor would play the leader of the king’s elite guard, who helps fight giants.
One major role still to be cast is that of the princess. Among those in contention are Adelaide Kane, an Australian actress who starred in Power Rangers RPM, and Eleanor Tomlinson, who appeared in last year’s Alice in Wonderland.
The movie begins shooting late March in London.
McGregor, repped by UTA and United Agents, last starred in I Love You Phillip Morris with Jim Carrey.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?