Famke Janssen Will Bewitch 'Hansel and Gretel' for Paramount
The 'X-Men' actress will co-star with Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton in the action comedy.
Famke Janssen has joined Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton in the Paramount film Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.
Tommy Wirkola (Dead Snow) is directing the action comedy, which picks up years after the fairy-tale siblings' childhood trauma at the gingerbread house, when they've become witch bounty hunters. Janssen will play the leader of the witches.
The Gary Sanchez-produced project is scheduled to begin shooting in Berlin in March.
Repped by CAA and Brookside Artist Management, Janssen just wrapped filming on her writing-directing debut, the drama Bringing Up Bobby, which she also produced. Janssen has starred in the X-Men movies, Turn the River and Taken.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?