George Clooney Eyeing 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
George Clooney is eyeing reteaming with frequent collaborator Steven Soderbergh on Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Heat Vision broke the news Tuesday of Soderbergh's involvement, and it didn't take long to get tongues wagging that Clooney could be boarding the Warner Bros. project.
The actor has talked and met with Soderbergh about playing agent Napoleon Solo in the movie, which according to the Playlist will retain the 1960s setting of the original series. (But not the black-and-white coloring of the show’s first season. Drat.)
The project is still in the early stages of development, with Soderbergh and Clooney busy with their own projects, so it may a be a while before the two connect.
Soderbergh is shooting Contagion, a thriller starring Matt Damon, Jude Law and Marion Cotillard, and is planning on shooting a Liberace biopic. CAA-repped Clooney, meanwhile, is prepping The Ides of March, which he is directing and starring in alongside Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti and Marisa Tomei. That film has a December 2011 release date.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?