'Jack the Giant Killer' Finds His Princess
Eleanor Tomlinson to star in director Bryan Singer's retelling of "Jack and the Beanstalk."
Eleanor Tomlinson has nabbed the female lead in New Line’s Jack the Giant Killer.
As Heat Vision first reported last week, Tomlinson was in contention for the role along with Adelaide Kane, an Australian actress who starred in Power Rangers RPM.
The project, which Bryan Singer is directing, is a retelling of the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale centering on a farm boy who leads an expedition to free a princess taken hostage by a giant, a situation which threatens the uneasy peace between humans and giants.
Nicholas Hoult stars as the peasant while Stanley Tucci is playing the villain, an advisor to the king with designs on usurping power.
Ewan McGregor, Bill Bighy and John Kassir are also in the cast.
British-born Tomlinson, repped by WME and London-based Conway Van Gelder, appeared in Alice in Wonderland and starred in the UK pic Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)