Julia Roberts Closes Deal to Play Evil Queen in Relativity's 'Snow White' Project
Directed by Tarsem Singh, the movie is based on the Brothers Grimm fable and will be released June 29, 2012.
Julia Roberts has closed her deal to star as the Queen in Relativity Media's Snow White feature.
Directed by Tarsem Singh, the movie is based on the Brothers Grimm fable and is scheduled to begin shooting in April. In this more modern-edged take written by Melissa Wallack and Jason Keller, Snow White looks for payback along with her band of seven dwarves after her evil stepmother kills her father.
Relativity plans to release the film June 29, 2012.
Ryan Kavanaugh, Bernie Goldmann and Brett Ratner are producing; the executive producers are Tucker Tooley, Jeff Waxman, Tommy Turtle, Jamie Marshall, Josh Pate and John Cheng.
The CAA-repped Roberts most recently starred in Eat Pray Love. She will next be on screen with Tom Hanks in the Universal comedy Larry Crowne, which opens July 1.
Relativity most recently partnered on Paramount's The Fighter and Sony's The Social Network. Its comedy Take Me Home Tonight hits theaters March 4, and its drama Limitless opens March 18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)