Kristen Stewart in Negotiations to Play Snow White (Exclusive)
Kristen Stewart is the fairest them of all.
The Twilight star is in negotiations to star in Snow White and the Huntsman, putting her on the road to topline the movie alongside Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron for Universal’s take on the fairy tale.
The deal is not done and could still fall apart, but both sides want it to happen.
Stewart is a name that Universal kept coming back to since acquiring the project. Still, it went through a series of screen tests with actresses such as Riley Keough, Felicity Jones and Alicia Vikander. As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Stewart was still being courted as late as last week, and Universal finally made an offer over the weekend.
Commercial helmer Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut on the pic, which amps up the action quotient from the fairy tale and plays up the relationship between White and the Huntsman. In the new scenario, when she is banished and on the run by the evil queen (Theron), the Huntsman (Mortensen) takes her under his wing to protect her, and she becomes his protege, learning how to fight and defend herself.
Stewart is repped by Gersh.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)