Luis Guzman to Play Vanessa Hudgens' Dad in 'Mysterious Island'
Luis Guzmán is playing Vanessa Hudgens’ father in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, the sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D for New Line.
Brad Peyton is on board to direct the film, in which Josh Hutcherson is reprising his role as burgeoning explorer Sean Anderson. Dwayne Johnson is also starring in the pic being produced by Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilm. Charlotte Huggins is also producing.
The story, loosely based on Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island, sees Hutcherson and Johnson forced to go a trip to a mythical and monstrous island to find his missing grandfather (Michael Caine).
Hudgens is a Pacific Islander who gets swept into the adventure; Guzman is her father, a boatman hired by Hutcherson and Johnson to take them to an island.
The movie is currently shooting in Hawaii.
Guzmán, repped by Gersh and manager Michael Bregman, most recently finished Arthur, the Warner Bros.’s remake of the Dudley Moore comedy starring Russell Brand.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)