McG Lands 'Ouija' Directing Gig
McG has won the contest for the gig to direct Ouija for Universal and is now in negotiations.
The studio's planned film adaptation of the classic Hasbro board game about conjuring up spirits of the dead has had a tough go at finding a director but before the town shut down for the holidays, Heat Vision reported that McG presented Universal execs his vision for the project, which has a script by Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and is being produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes.
He was vying for the gig against The Crazies director Breck Eisner, who pitched his take on the material the week before.
Plot details are kept under wraps although it's described as a four-quadrant supernatural adventure centering around a family, with influences from The Mummy and Indiana Jones .
McG, repped by WME and Management 360, just wrapped Fox’s This Means War starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?