Michelle Pfeiffer in Talks to Reteam With Tim Burton for 'Dark Shadows' (Exclusive)
9:03 AM PST 2/15/2011 by Borys Kit
Role would cast her opposite Johnny Depp in Warner Bros’ big-screen take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera.
Michelle Pfeiffer is in negotiations to reteam with Tim Burton for Dark Shadows, Warner Bros’ big-screen take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera starring Johnny Depp.The movie has an April start and has been casting up, with Jackie Earle Haley, Eva Green and Bella Heathcote already on board. Depp will portray Barnabas Collins, a self-loathing vampire living in a Maine manor who is searching for his lost love. Pfeiffer would play Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, the reclusive matriarch of the Collins family which runs the Maine town. The character has not left the mansion since the disappearance of her husband a decade earlier. Pfeiffer is finding herself very much in demand this new year. The actress is juggling a role in New Line’s all-star New Year’s Eve and shooting Welcome to People, the directorial debut of scribe Alex Kurtzman. The last time she worked with Burton was as Catwoman in 1992’s Batman Returns. Pfeiffer is repped by CAA and Management 360.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
Weekend of 03/07/2014
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 03/07/2014 Source: Rentrak