Original 'Buffy' Weighs in on Upcoming Remake
The original Buffy the Vampire Slayer says she not only supports the upcoming remake but also wants to be in it.
"If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast," she said.
Her comments don't echo those of the character's creator, Joss Whedon, who on Monday expressed his disappointment in the reboot.
"This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths -- just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself," he told E! Online.
But Swanson was optimistic in the reboot, even without the participation of Whedon.
"There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so; he's a brilliant man, no doubt," she said. "I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
Luke Perry, who starred with Swanson in the movie, declined to comment to EW through his spokesperson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)