Pierre Morel Zeroing In on 'EDF,' AKA 'Earth Defense Force'
Pierre Morel has now focused his attention on EDF, aka Earth Defense Force, a giant alien invasion movie that's being produced by Sam Raimi and Bill Block, head of QED International, the outfit that is financing the project. Warner Bros. is distributing.
Morel, the director of Taken, was in talks at the same time to direct EDF and Ouija, the adaptation of the Hasbro board game set up at Universal.
Morel made a presentation to Universal execs Thursday afternoon outlining his take on Ouija; Universal ended up passing on it.
EDF is set after three alien fighters attack the planet, leaving countries humiliated. The governments of Earth then race to create a space fighting force in preparation for a second attack by an approaching alien horde.
Morel is repped by WME and Artist Talent Management.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)