Pierre Morel Zeroing In on 'EDF,' AKA 'Earth Defense Force'
Pierre Morel has now focused his attention on EDF, aka Earth Defense Force, a giant alien invasion movie that's being produced by Sam Raimi and Bill Block, head of QED International, the outfit that is financing the project. Warner Bros. is distributing.
Morel, the director of Taken, was in talks at the same time to direct EDF and Ouija, the adaptation of the Hasbro board game set up at Universal.
Morel made a presentation to Universal execs Thursday afternoon outlining his take on Ouija; Universal ended up passing on it.
EDF is set after three alien fighters attack the planet, leaving countries humiliated. The governments of Earth then race to create a space fighting force in preparation for a second attack by an approaching alien horde.
Morel is repped by WME and Artist Talent Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?