Relativity Goes Fishing for David R. Ellis' 'Untitled 3D Shark Thriller'
The film, which stars Sara Paxton, Katharine McPhee, Joel David Moore and Donal Logue, is swimming toward a 2011 release date.
Relativity Media has acquired domestic rights to director David R. Ellis' Untitled 3D Shark Thriller.
Sierra Pictures and Incentive Filmed Entertainment are producing the film, now in post-production. Relativity plans a wide release next year.
Sara Paxton, Dustin Milligan, Katharine McPhee, Chris Carmack, Alyssa Diaz, Joel David Moore, Donal Logue, Sinqua Walls and Chris Zylka star in the story of college friends spending a weekend at a lake house only to find that it's not safe to go into the water.
Jesse Studenberg and Will Hayes wrote the screenplay. Chris Briggs and Mike Fleiss are producing via their NextFilms banner along with Lynette Howell of Silverwood Films. Ellis has directed The Final Destination, Final Destination 2 and Cellular.
At AFM, Sierra sold rights to Ellis’ film in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Benelux, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, CIS and the Baltics. But this is the first Sierra film to acquire domestic distribution.
Sierra president and CEO Nick Meyer negotiated the new deal on behalf of Sierra and Incentive with Graham Taylor of WME Global on behalf of the filmmakers.
Recent Relativity films include Despicable Me, Salt, Dear John and It’s Complicated.
Incentive’s recent pictures include Love and Other Impossible Pursuits, Blue Valentine and Area 51.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?