Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Gets High-Profile Summer Release Date
10:54 AM PST 1/26/2011 by Pamela McClintock
Twentieth Century Fox originally planned to release the high-profile sci-fi in spring 2012.
Twentieth Century Fox has decided to give Ridley Scott’s Prometheus a high-profile summer release, moving the tentpole from March 9, 2012 to June 8, 2012.Prometheus essentially switches places with Disney’s live-action pic John Carter of Mars, which recently moved onto the March 9 date after Disney pushed Tim Burton’s 3D stop-motion feature Frankenweenie back to Oct. 5. Frankenweenie had staked out the March 9 date well before Prometheus came along. Prometheus—which has morphed from being an Aliens prequel to original sci-fi tentpole—stars Noomi Rapace, star of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Damon Lindelof is working together with Scott on the new script, which was originally written by Jon Spaihts and based on an idea by Scott.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Weekend of 07/18/2014
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak