EXCLUSIVE: Sally Field in Talks for Spider-Man Film
Sally Field as Aunt May?
The actress is in early talks to play Peter Parker’s beloved aunt in the new Spider-Man movie, which Marc Webb is directing for Columbia.
The news comes on the heels of Martin Sheen in final negotiations to play Uncle Ben in the relaunch of the movie franchise.
Aunt May is a key supporting character in Peter Parker/Spider-Man’s life, as she is the only family the young hero has.
In the early comics, she was portrayed as a frail lady who worried over her nephew, trying to set him up with the neighbor’s daughter, and frequently got sick, adding to Peter's personal woes.
In addition to Sheen, the new movie, which begins shooting in December, has Andrew Garfield as Peter, Emma Stone as love interest Gwen Stacy and Rhys Ifans as the movie’s unnamed villain.
Field’s last major studio role was in 2003’s Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, although she did star in the 2006 indie drama Two Weeks. She is more recently known for her work on ABC’s Brothers & Sisters.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?