EXCLUSIVE: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg Move Into 'Neighborhood'
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are moving into the neighborhood.
The writer-actor and his writing partner have been tapped for rewrite duties on 20th Century Fox’s Neighborhood Watch.
Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner are producing
The story, initially conceived by studio exec John Fox, concerns a suburban "neighborhood watch" group, actually a front for dads to get some male bonding time away from the family. Things go awry when the group accidentally uncovers a plot bent on destroying the world.
Jared Stern wrote the initial screenplay, which has previously seen Levy and David Dobkin attached as directors. At one point the project was considered as a potential Will Ferrell vehicle. Pete Segal was most recently attached to direct the comedy, which is currently helmless.
The hiring of the high-profile scribes puts Neighborhood back in the spotlight at Fox.
Rogen and Goldberg, both repped by UTA, have made suburban comedies and action comedies their stock and trade. The duo count Superbad, Pineapple Express and the upcoming Green Hornet amongst their writing credits. Combining the two is natural evolution.
Rogen is additionally repped by Principal Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?