EXCLUSIVE: Spider-Man Gets a Set of Parents and Another Villain
Campbell Scott has joined the cast of Columbia’s new Spider-Man movie while Irrfan Khan, Annie Parisse and Julianne Nicholson are in various stages of discussions to also join the production.
The movie, under the direction of Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, begins production this month in Los Angeles and is in the latter stages of its casting process.
Scott and Nicholson (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) will be Parker’s parents, who leave their son an orphan. Parker’s parents have rarely been seen in the various Marvel comic book series and have never appeared on-screen. It is unclear if they will appear in flashbacks, in a prologue or during the course of the movie.
Khan, best known for his work in Slumdog Millionaire, is playing a villain named Van Atter, joining Rhys Ifans as the movie’s bad guys.
Parisse, who appeared most recently in couple of episodes of AMC’s Rubicon, will be the villain’s wife.
Scott, repped by Paradigm, recurs on TV’s Royal Pains and also appeared in Damages.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?