Third Batman Movie Title Revealed
Director Christopher Nolan also says it won't be shot in 3D -- and hints about the next villain.
Christopher Nolan revealed to the L.A. Times' Hero Complex that the third Batman film will be titled The Dark Knight Rises.
Though the director kept everything else about the next installment, due in theaters in 2012, close to the vest, he did let out one hint on the villain for fanboys: "It won't be The Riddler."
"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan cryptically told the L.A. Times.
Nolan also added that Warner Bros. agrees with him to not shoot the film in 3D and instead will use high-definition and IMAX cameras.
The last release from the Batman franchise, 2008's The Dark Knight is the seventh highest-grossing film of all time.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)