Tom Cruise Reveals New 'Mission Impossible' Movie Name
"One of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards," he says.
Tom Cruise revealed the name of his newest Mission Impossible film at the Doha Film Festival Thursday: Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol.
"One of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards," Cruise said. "I’ve never done sequels to films and I never thought of these films as sequels. Paramount has done a great job in coming up with a title, so it’s not going to be MI2, 3, 4: It’s going to be Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol."
The fourth action film, directed by Brad Bird, is due in theaters on Dec. 16, 2011. Inglourious Basterds' Lea Seydoux will play the female villain and it'll star Lost's Josh Holloway in his first major film role, The Hollywood Reporter first revealed.
On Wednesday, the third Batman movie title was released: The Dark Knight Rises.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)