Tom Hanks, Tim Allen Teaming Up for Live-Action 'Jungle Cruise' Film
Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, who voice-starred together in Disney’s Toy Story movies, are teaming up for another Disney project, Jungle Cruise.
The two are attached to star in the live-action adaptation of the Disney theme park ride, being produced by Mandeville’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, riding high as part of the producing team behind The Fighter.
Roger S. H. Schulman has been hired to write a new draft of the script for the long-in-development project.
The story’s details are being kept under wraps, but Disney is planning Cruise as a big action-adventure movie with unique aspects that will make it more than just a straight-up adventure.
Hanks is attached to play a family guy while Allen would play a tour boat captain.
The moviemakers plan on having a script completed before going out to directors.
Schulman, repped by Paradigm and Rain Management, worked on Shrek and many of Disney’s straight-to-DVD slate including Mulan 2, Jungle Book 2 and The Fox and the Hound 2.
Hanks is repped by CAA while Allen is repped by WME and Messina/Baker Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?